Intro: Muhammad Alshareef

Madina Archives

Madinat al-Muslimeen Islamic Message Board

Intro: Muhammad Alshareef
Madani
11/20/00 at 13:18:27
As salamu alaykum,

So i'm thinking to myself .. what's a bebzi stand? Where do bebzi stands exist on this earth?

Ok about me:

My name is Muhammad ibn Hilmee ibn Ali ibn Mustafa ash-shareef.

Born in WINNIPEG, um hmm, parents from Alexandria Egypt.

Story of how my dad made it to Canada:
1975: It's after work, his friend says lets apply for immigration to Canada. they walk in and stumble on a question that says, "Where would you like to go in Canada?"  My dad turns to a lady there for the answer. She says, "Just write Winnipeg!" He says, "Winni - what?"  Ok, you write it fur be."

So I grew up in Winnipeg, married a paki from there and now i have to visit my in-laws once in a while. My parents moved to Toronto.

Ok, education:
at 12 went to Hafiz school in canada and finished Qur'an in 2 years.
did public highschool in the peg.
accepted to the REAL Madinah Al-Munawarrah University, lived there for 6 years.
graduated with LL.B in Islamic Law

currently teaching and studying my Masters at the American Open University.
And working on an Islamic Curriculum for Alhuda school outside of the DC area.

I'm 25 yrs old and my favorite reciter is Mashaaree Rashid.
Re: Intro: Muhammad Alshareef
Nazia
11/20/00 at 13:57:58
Assalamu Alaikum,
Cooool, you have your Islamic Law degree?? So what exactly do you teach? Islamic Shariah/fiqh? Islamic Theology??  Masha'Allah, that's really awesome, I'd love to teach Islam.  It has to be one of the most rewarding things.  Anyways, welcome to the board.
Wassalam,
Nazia
Re: Intro: Muhammad Alshareef
h_m_r00
11/20/00 at 14:21:21
Salaam

Guess what? I am coming to DC to study at the American open university a year from now.I love the fact that there are people who still care.
Welcome to the board..
Nazia you can come and we would do it together..:)
                       Hiyam
Welcome Sidi Muhammad!
AbuKhaled
11/20/00 at 14:57:35
Wa-alaikum assalam wa rahmatullah Sidi Muhammad,

I'd just like to welcome you, and say it's a pleasure to "meet" you.

I recently read your wonderful and inspiring article (which I now learn was a khutba, masha'Allah) on "Why should I study?" Alhamdulillah Akhi, I benefitted greatly from it, and believe many others will too insha'Allah, may Allah (awj) recompense you abundantly with thawab. Allah (awj) has gifted you with a lovely ability to reach into others through your words, and I pray many many Muslims will increase in their muhabba [love] for this Deen through them. May they be a continuing source of baraka for you always.

Whilst I'm not really an advocate of taking knowledge from indirect sources where avoidable, I nonetheless look forward to benefitting- bi'ithnillah ta'ala- from your presence here, trying to remain humble in the presence of knowledge. Insha'Allah you will - I hope - add another dimension to an already beautiful Board bursting with wonderful Brothers and Sisters, all of whom adore this Deen and amaze me regularly with their enthusiasm, warmth, compassion, and earnest words. I learn a lot from them all.

Jazakallakhukhairun for all your efforts in furthering the cause of this Noble Deen. ;-)

Your brother in Islam.

Ma'assalam,

Abu Khaled

Re: Intro: Muhammad Alshareef
Malika
11/20/00 at 15:52:04
Assalam Alaikum,

Welcome to the Board Br. Alshareef

Brother could you please expand on what you do?  I can be a little slow at times but it sounds like a very interesting road you travel.

Br. Abu Khaled when you comment I just have to say...
yep!  me too :-)

Re: Intro: Muhammad Alshareef
tq
11/20/00 at 16:11:46
Assalamo elikum

Sister Malika wrote
"Br. Abu Khaled when you comment I just have to say...yep!  me too "

Me too :)

Wasalam
tq
Re: Intro: Muhammad Alshareef
Saleema
11/20/00 at 16:58:51
Assalamoalykum,

yep, me too!  :)

Welcome aboard! :-)  So ur from Egypt? I am going to go there inshallah to study everything that i possibly can about Islam. Thanks to brother Kashif, he is the one who encouraged me to do that. So when i get *my* degree, my second thanx will be to Kashif. (first thanx will be to Allah).

Al-azhar (however you spell that), here I come!! Well, in a year or so. I am having a few dilemmas right now so as soon as they get cleared away inshallah......

wassalam
Re: Intro: Muhammad Alshareef
Asim
11/20/00 at 17:45:06
Assalaamu alaikum,

Mashallah brother, glad to have you on board. Your articles/khutbahs have always inspired me. They are immensely informative and more importantly are presented beautifully. I thought you were some 50-year old scholar! Alhamdulillah, brother may Allah reward you for your efforts.

We all will benefit from your presence here. And as always I will be doing a lot of reading and little writing :) Inshallah we will learn from all the awesome brothers and sisters on this board.
[quote]So i'm thinking to myself .. what's a bebzi stand? Where do bebzi stands exist on this earth?[/quote]
This Madina board is not "this earth"!! :) It is different.

Wasalaam.

Re: Intro: Muhammad Alshareef
assing
11/20/00 at 18:35:44
As salaamu alaykum, its good to see br. Al Shareef on this board, i happen to live in the same area as him i.e. Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia metro area, i have been to a few of his lectures "wa la uzaki a'lallahi ahada" but his is a very cool, humble, brother.
NS
Re: Intro: Muhammad Alshareef
kiwi25
11/20/00 at 21:23:53
assalamu alaikum ,

welcome brother al shareef, i too have visited the maryland area and a noe a few ppl who work where u do, al huda rite? are u the imam there or a teacher? salam nouha:)
NS
Re: Intro: Muhammad Alshareef
hermit
11/21/00 at 12:08:55
Assalam-u-Alaikum,

 Welcome to the board ya Mohammed!  Well, I don't have anything to say, I'm a bit too young(according to my parents:) to do travelling on my own.  Again, welcome.  We hope to learn something from you and vice versa.
Re: Intro: Muhammad Alshareef
SA
11/21/00 at 12:10:05
Assalaamu alaikum, ahlan wa sahlan, brother Madani

Although I know of your community efforts, etc, and am just as impressed as everyone else, masha'Allah, one unrelated thing popped into my mind.
Mishari Rashid Al-Efaasi?  He's my favorite, too!
You just reminded me to inquire abt that. Whenever I get on this site, I get too involved with other posts, I totally forget what I wanted to ask!  SubhanAllah, so my question for the past few months is, where can one get Al-Efaasi audios? I listen to the 2 I have (Hud..., Ibrahim...) so much, I have to record them onto other tapes so I won't wear them out!
JazaakAllahu khairan
And how fortunate that we have a member who has an Islamic law degree, alhamdulillah.  Some of us get into trouble by delving too deeply into fiqhi issues we have little knowledge about, esp. in a forum like this (like myself!), so someone w/ extensive knowledge on fiqh is always helpful!
May Allah increase us all in knowledge, aameen.

NS
Re: Intro: Muhammad Alshareef
Arsalan
11/21/00 at 12:11:42
Assalamu alaikum,
[quote]And how fortunate that we have a member who has an Islamic law degree, alhamdulillah.  Some of us get into trouble by delving too deeply into fiqhi issues we have little knowledge about, esp. in a forum like this (like myself!), so someone w/ extensive knowledge on fiqh is always helpful![/quote]I second that :)

Wassalamu alaikum.
Re: Intro: Muhammad Alshareef
Madani
11/21/00 at 15:48:26
Jazak Allahu Khayr to everyone for the warm welcome.

www.delphi.com/khutbah

At the American Open University, I 'moderate' 5 courses. That is, I make the exams, choose the term papers and correct everything.

The 5 courses are:
1) Financial Contracts
2) Art of Qur'anic Recitation
3) Criminal Law
4) Principles of Faith 3
5) Principles of Faith 4

I have 2 days a week where I answer student concerns. A lot of students will phone in and practice Tajweed on the phone.

At al-Huda school, I teach Islamic Studies to grade 1,2,3 (little tikes).  They're ausome!! Great Kids.

Psst .. go into Education!

I listen to Mashaaree Rashid off the internet at islamway.com in the Qur'an section.

Although I'm from Egypt, I never studied there. Although in Madinah, I had an Egyptian Qari who I spent an entire year with (7 days a week!) practicing Tajweed. After the year was over, I got an Ijaazah for the completion.

In sha' Allah, i'll meet up with you guys in some other discussions.
Re: Intro: Muhammad Alshareef
Enayath
11/24/00 at 17:42:15
Br Muhammad Alshareef,
Ahlan  Was Ahlan, aboard Madinat Al-Muslimeen.

We hope to increase our knowledge thru your presence here.

Wassalam
Enayath/Abutanweer

Re: Intro: Muhammad Alshareef
lightningatnite
11/27/00 at 19:09:29
Salam :)

Brother Muhammad, welcome.  I still remember when I first met you at your brother-in-laws wedding, and you taught me something I never forgot.  When I asked your opinion about some scholar, you said
"Why is it that when there are millions of misguided people all around us, we concern ourselves with the faults of the few that are working to guide them."

May Allah the Most Merciful reward you for your talk at MYNA.

:) Wassalam :)

PS This is Faisal Ahmad from Albany :)
Re: Intro: Muhammad Alshareef
jannah
11/28/00 at 00:14:56
wlm,

are we all posting our br muhammad stories? well we just came back from the myna conference where he spoke about death.. it really impacted us because of what we saw the next day...inshallah i'll post that soon
Re: Intro: Muhammad Alshareef
Malika
11/28/00 at 11:44:34
slm
Jannah you draw people in with that comment and then you say InshaAllah soon!  Humbug!
Re: Intro: Muhammad Alshareef
jannah
11/28/00 at 12:03:03
A good storyteller knows how to build the suspense :) :)
Re: Intro: Muhammad Alshareef
AJ
11/28/00 at 23:53:20
Asalaam Alaikum everyone :)

akh Muhammad,
I recently received an e-mail (part of which is posted below) that, it says, is authored by you. However I have an arabic poetry/nasheed tape called Ya Aabid al-Haramain in which these two stories are recounted. Did you originally write them in Arabic? Or did you just translate them and add the (very beneficial, may Allah reward you) comments? Thank you, wasalam.

>>Subject: Fwd: Fw: FW: regret.....death! pls read & fw!!
>By Muhammad Alshareef

NS
Re: Intro: Muhammad Alshareef
Madani
11/29/00 at 13:03:04
slm

Yeah AJ I know the tape you are talking about.
The speaker on the beginning of the Nasheed 'Hamm wa Ghamm' is reading from the book that I translated from.

i.e. both that Shaykh (believe it's Ibrahim Duwaish) and I were using the same source.

The source is Az-Zaman Al-Qaadim vol.1
Compiled by Abdul Malik al-Qasim in Riyadh, KSA

I have other stories from that book, but it is my egroup exclusive. To join the group, just send a blank email to AddMe@soon.com

hey, i have to plug my stuff when i get a chance :)

..I'm waiting for the story too (ohh the suspense)
Re: Intro: Muhammad Alshareef
h_m_r00
11/29/00 at 14:28:37
Salaam
You guys have that tape too?:)
I love it...One of my top picks
Any way, that book that I got when I was in Saudi Arabia
Madani..you get those stories too?
                                         Hiyam
Ramadan Mubarak
jannah
11/29/00 at 17:48:56
slm,
i posted the stories in the ramadan courtyard
Re: Intro: Muhammad Alshareef
maryam
11/29/00 at 22:01:53
Assalam Alaikum,
I't kinda late, but welcome Madina Br. Muhammad.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do :-).

Wassalam,
Maryam
Re: Intro: Muhammad Alshareef
maryam
11/29/00 at 22:07:04
Assallam Alaikum,
Okay I can't spell anymore! :-(

Let me try that again.

Welcome to Madina Br. Muhammad!

Wassalam ;)

Re: Intro: Muhammad Alshareef
Nazia
12/02/00 at 15:11:51
Assalamu Alaikum,

Just out of curiousity,

Br. Mohammad, are you the one who sang, "Everybody do la tauba" for the <recalled> MYNA raps tape about 6 years ago??

Take Care,
Wassalam,
Nazia
Re: Intro: Muhammad Alshareef
Arsalan
12/02/00 at 15:41:02
Recalled???

Why?
Re: Intro: Muhammad Alshareef
Nazia
12/02/00 at 15:48:06
[quote]Recalled??? Why?[/quote]

slm,

I was a young tyke at the time, but I seem to remember something about copyright infringements, or something of the sort.  I believe they were sold one year at ISNA, but not after that.  I could be totally wrong.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.  Anyways, "La Tauba" was a cool song, and it didn't infringe any copyrights!  <that I know of :)>

Take Care, Wassalam
Nazia
Re: Intro: Muhammad Alshareef
Madani
12/04/00 at 08:25:08
Yeah Nazia that's me - the author of La Tauba

Alhamdulillah, lot's has changed since then. I was speaking at an MSA conference and at the end someone asked me to recite Qur'an. Now it's caught on, a lot of lectures I give I'm asked to recite Qur'an.

I think back to the days when people would have begged me to sing the la Tauba song. Alhamdulillah, the youth are getting more attached to the words of Allah. There is nothing sweeter than spending a few moments with the brothers reciting Kalaam Allah.

BTW The La Tauba song wasn't the reason it was recalled. It was recalled for another song "I'm a young Muslim" I know all the inside info on the banning of that tape.

There was so much controversy about it, that I prayed Istikhaarah to Allah and asked that if it was good let it be passed (and sold), if not then ban it (have it recalled). It was recalled! Alhamdulillah.

Here is a line from the song:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fir'own, that disbelieving god king
in full swing he was doing his own thing

He had babes, he had slaves, everyday of his life his foot was in his grave, yet time engraved as he met a big tidal wave

Ding ding a ling, death began to sing
he returned to Allah with no money or no offspring

With all his moola, his hoopla and his lock jaw
All he had to do was stop ... and do towbah

:)

Individual posts do not necessarily reflect the views of Jannah.org, Islam, or all Muslims. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © Jannah.Org