You Know Your Not a Kid Anymore When.......

Madina Archives

Madinat al-Muslimeen Islamic Message Board

You Know Your Not a Kid Anymore When.......
Jenna
05/06/01 at 02:05:36
Subject: U R Not a Kid Anymore

> You're Not A Kid Anymore
>
> you're not a kid anymore WHEN...
>

> You quit trying to hold in your stomach, no matter who walks into the
> room.
>
> You enjoy watching the news.
>
> The phone rings and you hope its not for you.
>
> The only reason you're still awake at 4 am is indigestion.
>
> People ask what color your hair USED to be.
>
> You're proud of your lawnmower.
>

> You start singing along with the elevator music.
>

> Your car has four doors.
>
> You routinely check the oil in your car.
>
> You've owned clothes so long that they've come back into style--TWICE.
>
> You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
>
> You consider coffee one of the most important things in life.
>
> 8 AM is your idea of "sleeping in".
>
> You don't remember when you got that mole...or the one next to it.
>
> You write thank you notes without being told.
>
> Neighbors borrow your tools.
>
> You answer a question with "Because I said so!"hahaha
>
> Others ask for your recipes.
>
> You paint walls for a reason other than getting your deposit back.
>
> You don't like to drive after dark.
>
> You say the words "Turn that music down!"
>
> You wear black socks with sandals.
>
> You point out what buildings used to be where. hahaha
>
> You know all the warning signs of a heart attack.
>
> You rake the yard without being told to.
>
> You can't remember the last time you lay on the floor to watch
> television.
>
> The service station attendant lets you pump your gas before paying.
>
> Now tell the truth--aren't you OLD?

Jenna
Re: You Know Your Not a Kid Anymore When.......
Anik
05/06/01 at 02:36:31
A.A.

yeah for sure

there are more which i will put up lol

A.A.

anik,.

btw, anyone reading this, i am trying ot ask a question to a bro and sis really quickly i need th eanswer please

right now is 3:30 AM Eastern Time,

anyone on now who can tell me so in the next few mins? important question. anik,.
Re: You Know Your Not a Kid Anymore When.......
Mahmoodah
05/06/01 at 04:19:55
salam,
that was really nice!!!
but wahay, i'm not fully old yrt.  LOL

wa-salam
Re: You Know Your Not a Kid Anymore When.......
Mahmoodah
05/06/01 at 04:20:00
salam,
that was really nice!!!
but wahay, i'm not fully old yrt.  LOL

wa-salam
Re: You Know Your Not a Kid Anymore When.......
Lisha
05/06/01 at 05:57:24
[slm]
Yay I'm still a kid ;)
by nature n age!!!
:o

Re: You Know Your Not a Kid Anymore When.......
nehar
05/06/01 at 08:08:50

[quote]> You enjoy watching the news.

> The phone rings and you hope its not for you.
>
> You've owned clothes so long that they've come back into style--TWICE.
>
> You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
>
> You write thank you notes without being told.
>
> Neighbors borrow your tools.
>
> You answer a question with "Because I said so!"hahaha

> You say the words "Turn that music down!"

> You point out what buildings used to be where. hahaha
>
> You know all the warning signs of a heart attack.

[/quote]

[slm]

i think these should b taken outta da list, cuz i aint old!!1

[wlm]
nehar
Re: You Know Your Not a Kid Anymore When.......
eleanor
05/08/01 at 04:31:19
slm

.....you wake up and the sun is shining and you think of all the clothes you can get washed and dried today.

...teenagers seem to be like from another planet

..you look forward to settling in to bed and watching TV for the evening

wasalaam

eleanor

ps: *all* of the first post applied to me too...I'm definitely old :(
Re: You Know Your Not a Kid Anymore When.......
Barr
05/08/01 at 05:54:06
Assalamu'alaikum...

... when the teenager behind the counter says,"Here's your change. Thank you, auntie"

... when the teenager tried to kiss your hand when U shake theirs.
[in the Malay culture, the young ones usually kiss the elders' hands (note: elder... not older!)]

... when U begin to worry about Ur financial state after retirement

... when U start looking for your children's potential spouses.
[eg. Hmmm, Hana's 5 year old boy would be good for my Maryam]

... U give answers beginning with "In my time..."

... when people mistook your sister for your daughter

... People look at you funny like U've done a big sin and ask ,"Why are you still NOT MArried??!!"

Oh yes... btw, I'm not old... just 6.5 years young... according to my shoe size! ;)

wallahu a'lam :-)

P.S. ... when U tell others your age according to your shoe size!

Re: You Know Your Not a Kid Anymore When.......
BrKhalid
05/08/01 at 06:25:09
Asalaamu Alaikum ;-)

Y'know I remember the first time someone called me "old". It was like this shock to the system :o

You go through life thinking your still young and then "bang" all of sudden you're "old", "mature", "part of the furniture", "not in" or even worse "old skool" ;-)

But fret not we're still alive and kickin' and you're always young at heart ;) (well that's what I say anyway)

[quote] ... U give answers beginning with "In my time..." [/quote]

I wonder if this applies to similar responses such as:

[quote] I was *big* into this stuff back in the day... …[/quote]

;)
Re: You Know Your Not a Kid Anymore When.......
nehar
05/08/01 at 06:45:10
[slm]

[quote]Oh yes... btw, I'm not old... just 6.5 years young... according to my shoe size!  [/quote]

well according 2 my shoe size im even youger than u, lol. 3 sumtimes 3.5 yrs young.;-D

[wlm]

Nehar
Re: You Know Your Not a Kid Anymore When.......
jannah
05/08/01 at 09:13:28
[quote]
.. when people mistook your sister for your daughter

           ... People look at you funny like U've done a big sin and ask ,"Why are you still NOT MArried??!!"
[/quote]

u stole these from my life huh ;)
Re: You Know Your Not a Kid Anymore When.......
Barr
05/08/01 at 10:00:36
Wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullah :-)

[quote]
well according 2 my shoe size im even youger than u, lol. 3 sumtimes 3.5 yrs young.;-D [/quote]
Erm... I think with or without the shoe size... U're still younger than me, ukhti!:) And... ermmm...Is that US, or UK size? ;)

[quote]u stole these from my life huh  [/quote]
oh, Jannah... don't worrie, dearie... mine's too ample to steal one from you :)

[quote]But fret not we're still alive and kickin' and you're always young at heart  (well that's what I say anyway) [/quote]
Br Khalid... well U know what they say, akhi... it all boils down to the heart :)

Auntie Barr :-)

Individual posts do not necessarily reflect the views of Jannah.org, Islam, or all Muslims. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © Jannah.Org