Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 16:32:55 EDT
From: YMnational@aol.com
Subject: [ymnyc] Important on YM National

Assalamualaikum,

I regret to inform All of YM and the Leadership of ICNA that a great tragedy
has taken place.  One of the members of YM passed away today.

Brother Salman was 15 years old.  He had been attending the new YM Windsor
unit from April this year.  A few weeks ago, he went to Saudi Arabia to visit
his father.  While in Saudi, he performed Umrah.  After performing Umrah, he
had sent an Email to us stating that he was feeling really good, and that YM
had helped him reach a new level of spirituality during his Umrah.  He also
mentioned that he prayed for YM to be successful.

A few days later, Brother Salman had had a big meal and then went swimming.
After he entered into the pool to swim, his body cramped, due to the lack of
blood flow because of the big meal, and became paralyzed underwater.  Unable
to swim to the top, people around the pool jumped in to rescure him, but it
was too late.  Br. Salman, age 15, had passed away.

My dearly respected brothers and sisters, this will be the story of our lives
as well.  We as Muslims do not know the time nor the place of where we shall
also make the transition from this life to the next.  This is only in the
hands of Allah.  However, we must always take a moment and reflect on our
lives and ask ourselves, that if we were to die at this very moment, would
our Lord be pleased with us in what we did in our lifetime.

Although we may feel the pain of the loss of an Islamic worker, i know, that
Inshallah, Allah will be pleased with him.  At 15 years old, he knew what he
had to set out for, he knew that he must work hard for the Islamic Movement,
and did so through Young Muslims.

I ask everyone to pray for the brother and pray for all the Muslims who have
ever lived, are living, and will ever live.

May Allah make it easy on the family of the brother.  May Allah forgive the
brother, and grant him a place in Jannah. (Ameen)

Jazkallah Khair
W'salaam
Tayyab Yunus
National Coordinator
Young Muslims North America

"Plan your life as if you are to live forever......but live as if you are to
die tomorrow"

www.youngmuslims.org/nyc
www.ymnyc.web.com
Re: Inna lillah... Reminder for youth.
meraj
07/01/01 at 22:52:20
slm,

inna lillahi wa inna illayhi rajiyooon :(

man... subhanallah.. its defenitely a good reminder,if a bit disturbing... Allah could decide to take us at any time and we have no idea when.. and we are here taking it all for granted, forgetting that we dont have to be 72.5 or whatever years old to die... it can and will happen at a time that has been decreed for us before we are even put on this earth and its our duty to spend every moment we have remembering and worshiping Allah in a way that pleases Him. may Allah grant the brother jannah inshallah, and give his family patience with this difficult loss :( ameen.
Re: Inna lillah... Reminder for youth.
BroHanif
07/02/01 at 07:34:01
A.W.W.

I've heard from a scholar that if you drown in water then you are classed as Shaheed(Martyr) can anyone else confirm this??
I'll try check it out insha-allah.

Salaams

Hanif
NS
Re: Inna lillah... Reminder for youth.
salaam
07/02/01 at 15:19:15
The Prophet, salaallaahu `alayhi wa sallam said, The martyrs are seven, other than the one who is killed in the Way of Allaah, ta`aalaa:
    - One who dies of plague,
    - one who drowns,
    - one who dies of pleurisy,
    - one who dies of stomach ache,
    - one who dies due to burning
    - one who dies under a demolition (by accident)
    - a woman who dies with a baby in her womb

[Maalik, Aboo Dawood, An-Nasaaee, Ibn Maajah, Ibn Hibban, Haakim, Ahmad.  Authenticated by al-Albaanee]
Re: Inna lillah... Reminder for youth.
slime
07/02/01 at 16:20:46
salam,
inna lillahi wa in na illaihi rajiuun :(

i dint really think that after eating and going swimming, u could get paralyzed.

Re: Inna lillah... Reminder for youth.
Mahmoodah
07/02/01 at 16:27:51
salam
inna lillahi wa inna illayhi rajiyooon!!!

Afew days ago i was on a site n i read a story abt the death of a twin, this made me start to think abt the here after!!!
its actually quite scary!!!

wa-salam

i'll post the story!!!
Re: Inna lillah... Reminder for youth.
Mahmoodah
07/02/01 at 16:30:48
salam,
the story i was talkin abt is on this site:

http://www.geocities.com/shahaada_uk/Files/Articles/articles.htm

the story/artile is My sister

read it, its really sad:(

wa-salam

Individual posts do not necessarily reflect the views of Jannah.org, Islam, or all Muslims. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © Jannah.Org