From: "Ismail Muslim" <cmoonstarng@yahoo.com>
Subject: Assalamu alaikum

Assalamu alaikum (hope this is too much to read?
please, please, please, try to read everything -
disconnect and read offline if necessary),

Alhamdulillah, some of the bombings against
Afghanistan ceased as prayed for before the start of
Rammadan. God only knows what may come next. This is a
month of blessings and we all strive to be of our best
behaviour seeking more of Allah's pleasure and
rewards. We also strive to purify our hearts and show
love and compassion towards each other.

From dawn till dusk muslims abstain from pleasures of
this world and turn our attention to devotion to our
Creator.  Fasting plays a major role in a muslim's
life, humbling a man or woman so he or she, for a
period of time, experiences little of the plight of
his/her brothers and sisters not so fortunate as to
enjoy the simple pleasures of 3 square meals a day.
This Rammadan as you stay away from food and drink and
other pleasures, as you once again rediscover what it
is that makes you a muslim and you give thanks to your
Creator, when all is still and silent and you may be
reclined full of contemplation, do let your mind
wander off to your brothers and sisters in the land of
Afghanistan. Think - how would it feel to be living in
starvation, hungrier and thirstier than you presently
feel as you fast? Think - how would it feel to watch a
helpless little child die before your very eyes,
diseased and nothing more than skin and bones because
of the hunger? Think - how would it feel rather than
thinking fondly of the person you married, full of joy
and love, the baby you had and humming a sweet tune to
happy memories, what if you only had hot tears running
down your cheeks watching your loved one been buried
and your baby clutching to you helplessly certain to
soon go lifelessly limp in your arms? Most of all,
think - there was a time before this, others before
you who lived much simpler lives and yet, sacrificed a
lot for you today all because you're considered
'family'. Today, look around you - all around the
world has your family spread. The muslim family.
Whatever the skin colour, the gender, the language
spoken, the kinds of food consumed, the styles of
clothing, the cultures you are all human beings from
the family of Islam striving to live your lives as
best as you can for the good things of this world and
the next. Allright, so as human beings sometimes we
err, squabble and fight, but as a family we strive for
good for each other.

We have watched sadly as brothers and sisters have
lost their lives fighting for their freedom and even
more sadly, fighting one another not only in
Afghanistan, but all parts of the world. More so these
days, with the US-led campaign, Afghanistan has once
again been brought to our attention and consciences.
Once more helpless people are suffering and losing
their lives. Well, thank God Rammadan is here again so
we can spare some time for wise contemplations. So
what has this email got to do with you? Well, that's
really up to you to decide. This is not an appeal to
or from an organization but some thoughts from another
individual like yourself, muslim, living outside
Afghanistan, seeking God's blessings this sacred month
by enduring to teach one's heart the virtues of
righteousness and compassion.

I'll get straight to the point. Why don't we do
something totally special and ultimately a rewarding
experience for us all? Why don't we FEED AFGHANISTAN
THIS RAMMADAN? The idea is simple - this is Rammadan,
we want to do some 'extra special' good deeds this
month for Allah's pleasure, so let's start a
compassionate campaign bearing the title above and
actually help one another. Don't worry 'cos it's
called FEED AFGHANISTAN THIS RAMMADAN it doesn't mean
we'll be talking only about food or forgetting about
the plight of others also suffering outside
Afghanistan. Let's begin with Afghanistan. Allah only
knows how things are going to end up, but ours is
simply to go ahead and do something to help alleviate
the plight of our brothers and sisters (you never
know, someday you might be wishing they'd be the ones
helping you out).

FEED AFGHANISTAN THIS RAMMADAN can consists of
whichever contributions you feel you can make to the
poor suffering people of that country. Like I said,
this isn't this isn't an organization soliciting
contributions, no. This is you 'feeding Afghanistan
this Rammadan' on your own in whichever way you can
and enjoying the satisfaction of doing something nice
to others and hopefully gaining Allah's pleasure in
this month of such great things for you in this world
and the next. If you're going to send something for
charity to the stricken country, find out how best to
get it there (using trusted charity organizations,
someone going there or taking it there yourself or
somewhere it can be accessed by those who need it).

So, how do you FEED AFGHANISTAN THIS RAMMADAN?  That's
the beauty of it, no help you can render is too
little. You can send food or cash donations. You can
send clothes and books from wherever you are in the
world so those you're trying to help realize, indeed
they do have muslim 'family members' who care from
different parts of the world - Japan, Australia, the
Arab lands, China, Indonesia, the US, Netherlands, UK,
Germany, Mongolia, Malaysia, Iran, Iraq, Kenya,
Nigeria, Russia, Tajikstan, Uzbekistan, South Africa,
Peru, Brazil, wherever muslims are! It may be you
defend them in times of insecurity. That locally woven
cap you sent may have been all an old gent needed to
keep his injured head covered and warm this winter.
That story you wrote and sent with books about Africa
might have made a little girl smile for the first time
in months after losing her parents and sisters to war.
The website you designed might have gotten an orphan
adoptive parents. Maybe you even just wrote a poem
about the plight of innocents suffering horribly so
much so that someone was moved into sending aid or
convincing his government to do so. This is Rammadan,
full of blessings, just use your imagination! You can
simply offer prayers and du'a for your brothers and
sisters, God listens and helps His creations. Even
something easy - JUST PASS THIS MESSAGE ON TO OTHERS.
Let as many brothers and sisters worldwide get this
and try their best to do something. And when you've
done something for Afghanistan and can stand back and
see how happy you made someone so your heart feels
good and warm, turn and do something nice to someone
somewhere else in the world who also needs your help
this Rammadan and afterwards.

God help us all. Do your little bit and FEED
AFGHANISTAN THIS RAMMADAN. Offer du'a also for muslims
to stop killing one another for it is wrong. You can
use the attached banner on your websites or homepages
as part of the effort if you wish or go ahead an
design your own FEED AFGHANISTAN THIS RAMMADAN
banners. It's all part of the little we can do for
those direly in need of help and assistance. I pray
this campaign or rather venture is fruitful, earns us
all Allah's mercy and blessings and we end up knowing
more about one another and making new friends.
Muslims, we're all from the same family.

FEED AFGHANISTAN THIS RAMMADAN. Ma salaam.
Re: Feed Afghanistan
Ikani
11/22/01 at 13:07:31
Asslamu alaikum,
It was in my mail box too. I think it's a good idea we do something however insignificant it may seem to us. Allah guide us all.

Individual posts do not necessarily reflect the views of Jannah.org, Islam, or all Muslims. All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. Comments are owned by the poster and may not be used without consent of the author.
The rest © Jannah.Org