Wrigley's gum not HALAL!!!

Madina Archives

Madinat al-Muslimeen Islamic Message Board

Wrigley's gum not HALAL!!!
ABD
01/07/02 at 01:52:06
[slm]

For some months now, ppl (including my mom) have been telling me that chewing Wrigley's gum is not HALAL but no one seemed to have the proof. Someone sent me the email that the Wrigley company replied back to and so here it is.

[wlm]
Betul

To all Wrigley Chewing Gum lovers, it is not halal anymore. Read below
and e-mail from Wrigley...

Any Info can be obtained from WWW.wrigley.com..

e-mail From: pr@wrigley.com

Dear Hameed:

Thank you for visiting our web site, Wrigley.com, to ask if we Use any
animal-derived ingredients in the  manufacturer of Wrigley's gum. We
appreciate your interest in our product.  At one time, Wrigley
products were made with vegetable-or mineral-derived softening
ingredients.

However, the availability of these types of softeners decreased several
years ago when major sources closed their manufacturing facilities. Since
we can no longer guarantee that all Wrigley brands from all of our
factories will always be made with vegetable-or mineral-derived
softeners,
our products may not always be acceptable for your diet. We're sorry that
you may not be able to chew Wrigley's gum, but we appreciate your
contacting us so that we can give you the facts.

Sincerely yours,
Denise Young
Consumer Affairs Department
WM. WRIGLEY, JR. COMPANY
Re: i'm new
layla
01/07/02 at 14:28:47
salaam
my name is faiza and i am ten years old. i was requested by some one to register and it is ver nice here.i don't know u people so i had better go
salaam
Re: Wrigley's gum not HALAL!!!
se7en
01/10/02 at 19:50:42
as salaamu alaykum, (and faiza welcome to the board :))

I sent the wrigley corporation an email and received this response: