Main Menu

Algeria in Photos

Started by nouha, December 29, 2006, 01:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nouha

i really hope this is the right forum to do this in.. sorry in advance if its not...

just thought id share some pics from my vacation to Algeria (Muslim Arab country located in North AFrica) this past summer

nouha

In 3annaba, Algeria

nouha

Skikda and Constantine, Algeria

nouha

Constantine and Skikda, Algeria

nouha

more pics...

nouha

pics of algeria (i had to take the bebsi photo away.. it was just too big lol)

Jannah

Walaikum salaam warahmatullah wabarakatuhu,

did i see these??? the place is soooooooooo beautiful i wanna go!!! iA if i ever get to morocco i wanna pop over for a visit ;)

nouha

i cant remmeber if i sent u this album.. but i just noticed that aymen hasnt saved alot of the pics i sent so i have to go back and save eveything and post some more...

if u do go ill have my fam host u :)

pics from algeirs...

nouha

ok so here are some more from Algeirs, the capital of Algeria... :)

nouha

and more from algeirs...

Marcie

[slm]   Sister Nouha,

Jazakum Allah Khair for sharing the pictures.  Algeria looks beautiful.    :-*  My husband is from Algiers, but I've never been there myself. 

[wlm]
Marcie  [hotpinkhijabi]

salaampeaceshalom

[slm]

These photos are so cool, barakAllaahu feeki for sharing!  One of my teachers was from Algeria and since then, I've been thinking of going to see the country.  What are the 'yummies' called?  They look nice :).

The elephants look so sad! :( Was that in a zoo?

You know, the 4th hijab from the left on the mannequin I'm positive is one that I have!  It's such a gorgeous hijab, esp the blue shade and even non-Muslims have given me compliments on it. But subhanAllaah I accidentally machine washed it instead of hand washing it and it got wrecked! :( So now it's like a really pale blue, and it no longer looks the same obviously.  And I haven't been able to find the exact hijab since!

wa'salaam

nouha

Quote from: salaampeaceshalom on December 29, 2006, 04:50:12 PM
[slm]

These photos are so cool, barakAllaahu feeki for sharing!  One of my teachers was from Algeria and since then, I've been thinking of going to see the country.  What are the 'yummies' called?  They look nice :).

The elephants look so sad! :( Was that in a zoo?

You know, the 4th hijab from the left on the mannequin I'm positive is one that I have!  It's such a gorgeous hijab, esp the blue shade and even non-Muslims have given me compliments on it. But subhanAllaah I accidentally machine washed it instead of hand washing it and it got wrecked! :( So now it's like a really pale blue, and it no longer looks the same obviously.  And I haven't been able to find the exact hijab since!

wa'salaam

too bad abt the hijab.. some are very sensitive material

and lol at the ele[hants ... i hope they werent sad... they were waiting to get food from passerbys...

the yummies.. honestly im not sure what its called but its made with almonds... :)

nouha

Quote from: Marcie on December 29, 2006, 11:55:35 AM
[slm]   Sister Nouha,

Jazakum Allah Khair for sharing the pictures.  Algeria looks beautiful.    :-*  My husband is from Algiers, but I've never been there myself. 

[wlm]
Marcie  [hotpinkhijabi]

yea its really nice... its no longer war torn like ppl think it is...  im from constantine, very nice city :)

here are more pics...

nouha

more pics of algeria...

nouha

sahara desert and roman ruins in algeria...

Jannah

salam,

wow AlL of those pictures are Algeria??!!! It snows there!!!! [snowflake] amazin' i gotta go with you one year... it looks awesome!!!

ws

timbuktu

[slm]

wonderful pictures.

Theer have been several pictures on this board worth being preserved in a gallery. Unfortunately they are now lost in the archived posts. I wonder if jannah can make a permanent place for them so that we can see them at will.

nouha

Quote from: Jannah on February 24, 2007, 05:34:25 AM

wow AlL of those pictures are Algeria??!!! It snows there!!!! [snowflake] amazin' i gotta go with you one year... it looks awesome!!!

yupyup, those are all algeria... it snows the high mountains mostly but every now and then it may snow every few years... not too much.. liek albany LOL

more pics... this place is known as hammam miskitoun...

nouha

the first pic is of a mauritanian queen buried in a huge tomb in algeirs, algeria, i went to go see the place but i dont noe why shes buried there...

Jannah

salam,

that is a cool idea timbuktu... there might be a plugin for this board to add a 'gallery' type of thing where ppl can add their pictures.  i'll put it on our wishlist and check it out... jazakallah khair for the idea!!  [badidea]

mujahada

[bismillah]

OMG - Algeria is gorgeous...! No wonder the Shaykh spends so many weeks there  :-*

Wassalam,

m

nouha

Sahara desert in Algeria, the second photo is amazing, the sandstorms there bury small houses every year, and every year the tenants move around back and forth to dig up their homes.. amazing how ppl live so differently in the world...

nouha

more pics of Algeria...

Muslim

[slm]

This pic reminds me of a mountain of Ice Cream with caramel flowing down its sides:

:P

muhsen

[wlm]
They are wonderfull... Are they to buy somewhere,.. ?
[slm]

M.F.

[slm]
Ok that teapot?  Very Moroccan  :P 
My husband goes to Algeria (and tunisia and lybia) five or six times a year for work.  He's never told me anything about how beautiful it is, probably because  all he sees is his hotel, the office, and a university or two.  Or maybe once you've seen Morocco other countries just can't compete  8)

nouha

Quote from: M.F. on March 04, 2007, 08:17:41 PM
[slm]

i think teapots arent just moroccan :P, they span from china to america :D

but i have this interesting theory on the word tea, it seems to be one of the words of the world that is very similar in every language...

in china/india - chai (pronounced chay)
middle east/north africa - shay
many places in europe - tea (pronounced tay)
south america - tea (pronounced te)
america - tea

very interesting.. sorry if i made u guys confused :P

Bamboozled

[msh] al jariyyah is beauuuuutiful! ive gotta visit it one day.

sugarqueen

Quote from: nouha on March 05, 2007, 04:43:12 PM
Quote from: M.F. on March 04, 2007, 08:17:41 PM
[slm]

i think teapots arent just moroccan :P, they span from china to america :D

but i have this interesting theory on the word tea, it seems to be one of the words of the world that is very similar in every language...

in china/india - chai (pronounced chay)
middle east/north africa - shay
many places in europe - tea (pronounced tay)
south america - tea (pronounced te)
america - tea

very interesting.. sorry if i made u guys confused :P

sorry to be nitpicky but i just to make a correction...in Most of south america they speak spanish and the spanish word for Tea is té

For portuguise ( which is brazil) is chá  :)

nouha

Quote from: sugarqueen on March 13, 2007, 04:50:42 PM

sorry to be nitpicky but i just to make a correction...in Most of south america they speak spanish and the spanish word for Tea is té

For portuguise ( which is brazil) is chá  :)

i noe :P

thats why i said its pronounced te :P